Mynd has adopted the cloud technology for all hosted applications and completely migrated to enterprise cloud model with a disaster recovery site in place. This becomes a success story at industry levels of all verticals. The Mynd applications that customers are accessing today for their day-to-day process are now placed in cloud.
Cloud computing is simply a new way of looking at and talking about virtual setup. More precisely, instead of having a software application running in a server room, the application runs in a datacenter. And, this datacenter doesn't need to be within or near the office premises. In fact, you may not even know where the datacenter is!
Cloud computing is actually just a new name for an old idea. In fact, since the last few years we are using cloud. E.g. our personal e-mails (Yahoo, Google etc..), our online access to Bank Accounts …Then what’s the difference? The difference is in terms of offered services & the technology used in the cloud. All cloud infrastructure runs in virtualization and majorly, three different services are offered by any leading cloud service provider.
- Ø IaaS : Infrastructure as a Service
- Ø SaaS : Software as a Service
- Ø PaaS : Platform as a Service.
- · Limitless Scalability: With the expansion of Business, add-on infrastructure resources are always on high demand. Resources can increase in on-a-fly.
- · Physical & Virtual Security: Data centers are quite robust as compared to your local server room.
- · High Density Power: No need to worry for prolonged power-cuts, run out of diesel for your generator.
- · Broad Connectivity Choice: Multiple internet service providers with unlimited bandwidth.
- · Low Cloud cost: Pay as per use concept and optimal cost as compared to your high operational cost.
Challenges for adopting new technologies
- · Seamless migration of customer application & database within SLA i.e. “No application down time” objective. You can't afford a downtime beyond SLA, as signed & agreed with the customer.
- · Configuration Dependencies: As the new setup is with different architecture. The new setup is under virtualization with redundancy at all levels and hence the application configurations as well as offered SaaS services were typically a challenged one.
- · No Data Loss during migration. This involves the migration of huge customer data from old setup to new setup and goes live within the SLA without any data loss for almost 150+ odd customers.
How is Mynd Placed today?
· The entire infrastructure is in Enterprise Public Cloud with SIFY, a TIER III standard data center with IaaS, SaaS & PaaS services with primary data center located at Mumbai and disaster recovery data center located at Bangalore; which are in two different seismic zones.
- Redundancy (Fail over) at each level i.e. Application, Router, Firewall, SAN & ISP.
- · A world class service with uptime SLA of 99.95%.
- · 3A Service i.e. Access from Anywhere at Anytime.
- · Disaster site i.e. data is safe with RPO & RTO of 30 mins & 2 Hr. respectively.
- · BCP plan with the start of operation in less than one day.
- · Hosted service with low cost (including DR). Almost 30% saving on monthly recurring cost.
- No congestion, no bandwidth issue i.e. hassle free access even with heavy load (month end)
- · Compliance service as per ISO 27001 & SSAE 16.